Body Camera Footage Shows Dramatic Rescue of Kidnapped 8-Year-Old Girl

Dramatic body camera footage of a kidnapped 8-year-old being rescued by Texas police has been released by authorities.

The astonishing footage was released after the suspected kidnapper, Michael Webb, 51, was sentenced to life in federal prison in September. The nightmare began after the 8-year-old and her mother were walking down a Fort Worth street around 7 p.m. and Webb approached in his Ford Sedan, snatching the child out of her mother's arms.

In an interview with the FBI, Webb told FBI agents that after successfully fighting off the girl's mother by throwing her from the vehicle he was driving, he brought the girl to a nearby church parking lot. Later that evening, he brought the child to Forest Hill's WoodSpring Suites Hotel and he carried the 8-year-old into the room where he held her captive for several hours.

When a clerk at the hotel noticed Webb's suspicious behavior, they contacted police, who showed up and conducted a quick search of Webb's room, said Erin Dooley, a spokeswoman for the United States Attorney of the Northern District of Texas. Webb reportedly threatened the girl before the officer's arrival, and stored her in a closet in a small laundry basket.

After a short visual inspection of the room, the officers left after failing to find the girl in Webb's room.

Meanwhile, volunteers alongside law enforcement conducted a search of Fort Worth, looking for the missing 8-year-old. It wasn't until a family friend spotted Webb's Ford sedan that police were able to track the vehicle down. There, they discovered blood on the front seat, and law enforcement acted quickly, moving to Webb's room to rescue the young girl from her hiding spot inside the small laundry basket.

The body camera footage shows the heavily armed officers using a battering ram to open the hotel door, with Webb eventually emerging from the room completely naked.

"We got her, we got her!" officers announced on their radios. "He's in custody; we have her."

Webb was arrested and charged with kidnapping. In September, the 51-year-old was convicted by a federal jury in Fort Worth and sentenced to life in prison.

"We believe that justice has been served in this case. And we are thankful for and agree with the Judge's decision to sentence him to life in prison. My hope is that this family and this community will find solace in knowing that he will never be able to harm another little child again," said U.S. Attorney Nealy Cox.

Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado